Lately I have been surrounded by reminders of how important it is to be so very grateful for the many people and things in my blessed life.
I have discovered the Exam prayer in my life which I love. It is simple but powerful way to pray each day. It has five steps to it:
- come into the presence of your God: prepare to pray
- find something in your life you are grateful for…this is so easy for me at this moment as life has been kind to me and I have many blessings to be grateful for – my beautiful family, my health, my job, where I live in this beautiful country etc etc
- think about my feelings over the past 24 hours – the good and the bad, the times of frustration, worry, anxiety, joy, happiness – all of them,
- select one feeling and pray to Jesus about it – talk to Jesus about why you felt this way.
- talk about the day ahead and acknowledge that you may need Jesus help along the way or you may be so grateful for what going to happen…
I find this way of praying so uplifting especially having an attitude of gratitude. Try it. It’s simple but powerful.
I leave you with this beautiful song:
A Grateful Song – a love song to the world