CTJ – 2019 Scripture
This year the focus for our Consistency of Teacher Judgement discussions will be the Achievement Standards regarding to the teaching and learning of Scripture.
Consistency of Teacher Judgement process for 2019
From our consultations with staff and APREs in 2017 the following changes have been made to how CTJ – Religion will be organized in 2019.
Schools are encouraged to engage in all CTJ practices. These include:
- familiarity with and shared understanding of Religion curriculum
- common interpretation of the curriculum intent and shared understanding of how learner achievement is demonstrated
- collaborative planning of and reflection on teaching, learning and assessing techniques
- ongoing formal and informal dialogue (within and between schools) about the teaching and learning cycle
- moderation of teacher judgments within and between school/s.
Teachers in P-Yr.6 will be required to attend two regional meetings – one in Term one 2019 and the other in Term three 2019.
The CTJ pre -planning sessions early in 2019, will engage P-yr 10 teachers in the first three CTJ practices.
Yr 7 – yr 10 teachers will participate in pre-planning sessions at their normal scheduled Religion department meetings early in the year.
Ongoing formal and informal dialogue will be the responsibility of APREs/HODs and teachers during the school year.
Teachers will discuss their own samples at the interschool CTJ – Religion meetings.
The CTJ process will develop:
- Teachers understanding of what the student needed to know/do to demonstrate the relevant achievement standard as well as appropriate and valid assessment tasks.
The CTJ – Religion focus for 2019 will be the teaching and assessing of Scripture
Information regarding CTJ – Religion 2019 Pre Planning Meetings P-Yr 6
|Rockhampton North||29 January||3:30 pm-4;30 pm||KCC|
|Rockhampton South||30 January||3:30 pm-4:30pm||KCC|
|Monto Springsure, Barcaldine||31 January||3:30 pm-4:30 pm||Video Conference|
|Gladstone||4 February||3:30 pm - 4:30 pm|
|Bundaberg||5 February||3:30 pm - 4:30 pm|
|Mackay South||25 February||3:30 pm - 4:30 pm|
|Mackay North||26 February||3:30 pm-4:30 pm|
|Emerald||27 February||3:30 pm- 4:30pm|
|Longreach Biloela Clermont Blackall||5 March||3:30 pm-4:30pm||V/C|
|Secondary Colleges||Department Meeting Date in Term One||Own college venues|
CTJ Pre-Planning sessions Goals:
- Teachers to share understandings of the intent of teaching and assessing Scripture in the Religion Curriculum for their appropriate year level
- Teachers to collaborate on planning and assessing ideas in their year level groups
- Teachers to identify areas of support needed to teach and assess students’ understanding of Scripture
- Teachers to identify areas of support needed for teachers in the teaching and assessing of scripture in the classroom
Making CTJ – Religion Happen
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|APRE HOD shares information with teachers regarding the focus and process for CTJ 2019|
Teachers reflect on current planning and assessing.
Primary teachers participate in CTJ Pre-Planning interschool discussions so they can:
Develop a shared understanding of the curriculum intent.
Gain an understanding of quality tasks through discussions.
Identify potential teaching and learning strategies.
Collaboratively decide on the CTJ tasks that students will attempt.
Secondary teachers of Religion will discuss in their department meetings their understanding of relevant Scripture and how it is to be taught and assessed in their units of work.
Secondary teachers will collaboratively examine at department meetings assessment tasks for Scripture that will be shared for CTJ.
|Refine planning for teaching and learning.|
Refine success criteria and quality descriptors or levels of achievement.
Consider student samples from formative or summative tasks to identify learning needs and provide feedback to students.
|Refine planning for teaching and learning.|
Plan opportunities for summative tasks.
Engage in intraschool discussions.
Prepare appropriate student samples (an A and a C sample) for interschool CTJ - Religion discussions.
Participate in CTJ -Religion interschool discussions.
Selected Secondary teachers will participate in a Diocesan CTJ - Religion Day at KCC
|Complete CTJ Religion feedback forms
Reflect and evaluate teaching and assessing practices.
A variety of Information for Teacher Background on Scripture can be found on our Religious Education Website http://rokreligiouseducation.com/teacher-background/scripture/
Information of the Three Worlds of the Text Interpretative Framework:
Melbourne Catholic Education Office RE Source Scripture and Jesus http://www.resourcemelb.catholic.edu.au/module.cfm?m=2929
My Jewish Learning https://www.myjewishlearning.com/
The Vatican website http://w2.vatican.va/content/vatican/en.html
Teaching Judaism (Brisbane Catholic Education Office) http://bcejudaism.weebly.com/
Scope and Sequence of Achievement Standards Prep-Yr 10 relating to Scripture
Secondary Generic Rubric
Secondary Annotated Generic Rubric