Catholic Education Week is an opportunity for all Catholic schools to celebrate and promote their distinctive mission and ethos.
Catholic education strives to make a difference in the lives of those in our schools and in the wider community by challenging young people to live out the message of Jesus and to reach their full potential as compassionate, contributing, life-giving members of society.
- Is a faith-based education which places the values of Jesus at its centre
- Is a high quality, holistic education for 1 in 5 young Queenslanders, educating them to be well-informed, highly skilled and constructive members of the community
- Values diversity and treats each student with dignity enabling them in turn to promote and respect the dignity of all
- Nurtures in students a commitment to social justice and a critical social consciousness
- Prepares students for global responsibilities through stewardship of the earth’s resources
- Is an integral part of the local and universal Church
- Occurs in welcoming, inclusive, and connected communities.